Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Tips for Group Discussion
Tips for Group Discussion:
Here are some important tips that will be helpful for your group discussion.
· Arrive on time and dress formally. Be confident and positive.
· If you have some doubts and want some clarifications on the subject/topic of the discussion, make clear them out before the discussion begins.
· Always carry a pen and a notebook. Note imp. points what others say.
· Be simple. Body language is very important. Avoid physical gestures.
· Maintain eye contact with team members and not evaluators. They’re not a part of the discussion. Ensure that you get to speak your point, if the other members hear you, the evaluators will too.
· Having said that, ensure that you listen as well and appreciate what others are saying. If you do not agree with someone’s point, let them complete and then raise your objection. Do not interrupt.
· Be positive and do not be over confident.
· Try and sort out contradictions and arguments. Providing a meaningful direction to the discussion always leaves a good impression on the evaluators.
· Understand that the aim is not to speak often or for long periods. The aim is to be precise and clear with your points. Ultimately, the discussion has to reach a conclusion and you must strive towards that.